Lake Houston Area Economic Development Partnership released an Overview of Recent Economic Activities for December 2014 and they are encouraging the sharing of this information.
They break down the development in that area into seven major categories. We list those areas below with examples of projects for each one.
Mixed Use Development:
- S.PA – Generation Park is currently constructing a 52-acre corporate lifestyle center unlike any other place in the world.
- Intercontinental Commerce Park – A 190 acre mixed-use project by Skymark Development Company.
- Kingwood Parc – Mixed-use development at HWY 59 N and Kingwood Dr. Including 600,000-square-foot development designed to include shops, apartments, restaurants and an office tower, all in a pedestrian-friendly, modern environment.
- Generation Park – Second largest privately owned tract of land in the Greater Houston Area.
- Visionary Health I – A 14k SF single-story medical office/retail building on Highway 59 in Humble, just south of Kingwood Medical Center.
- Kelsey-Seybold Summer Creek Clinic – Recently broke ground on a new $10.8 million multi-specialty medical clinic at 8233 N. Sam Houston Parkway East.
- Memorial Hermann Convenient Care Center – The first of its kind for the Memorial Hermann Hospital System, the new Convenient Care Center located at 14201 East Sam Houston Pkwy Beltway 8 near Summer Creek High School will deliver a new model of care for patients.
- Humble Pediatrics – An 8,000-square-foot building occupied by an affiliate of Texas Children’s Hospital, located at 18350 Timber Forest Dr.
- Northeast Christian Academy – A 30-acre land deal that will allow for Northeast Christian Academy to expand their school and classical, college-prep focused education NCA hopes to break ground on the land in May 2015.
- Humble ISD – Four new campuses were opened in 2010; Summer Creek High School, Woodcreek Middle School, Lakeshore Elementary School and Atascocita Springs Elementary School, in addition to the newest campus at Ridge Creek Elementary which opened in Aug 2013.
- Lone Star College – Kingwood & Atascocita – Lake Houston Area population growth is helping to increase enrollment and prompted the building of two additional structures at LSC-Kingwood.
- Children’s Learning Adventure – On Atasca Oaks Dr and Atascocita Rd in Humble.
- Best Western Humble – The LHAEDP is working with an individual who purchased a piece of commercial property on FM 1960 just east of Wilson Rd. with plans to construct a medium to small sized hotel.
- W. Lake Houston Pkwy @ Kingwood Dr. – Coming in 2016 to the heart of Kingwood, 5 restaurant pads surrounded by residential developments, 5 miles from West Lake Houston @ F.M. 1960.
- ShowBiz Cinemas – Dallas-based ShowBiz Cinemas plans to nearly double its number of theaters in Texas, adding three new locations in the Houston area.
- Shops at West Lake Houston – Fidelis Partners will build a new retail center on over 65 acres at the northwest corner of the Betway 8 and West Lake Houston Pkwy intersection, in front of Summer Creek High School.
- AMI – Aviation and Marketing International – Locally owned and operated. AMI constructed a local expansion to a new location in Kingwood at 1903 Russell Palmer Road.
- Gateway North Houston Business Park – A 113-acre industrial business park located at located at Rankin Rd and I-69 North.
- Kenswick – The Kenswick development is 20-ton crane ready, has 8 dock doors as well as large drive-in doors.
- Greens Road Business Center – Located on the SWC of Greens Road and I-59 (Bender Rd.) Colliers International is developing four buildings: 10,000 SF, 15,000 SF, 17,500 SF, and 13,500 SF.
- N. Lake Houston Pkwy Expansion – Harris County is expanding North Lake Houston Parkway, one of the five Beltway 8 interchanges serving Generation Park, to a 4-lane boulevard with new sidewalks.
- Beltway 8 Expansion – In February 2011, the Northeast section of Sam Houston Tollway/Beltway 8 opened 13 miles of tollway that completes the Outer Loop and connects to the Houston Ship Channel industries and the Port of Houston.
- Widening of Townsen Blvd. – The City of Humble approved the expansion to four lanes, two in each direction from where Townsen meets U.S. Hwy. 59 to F.M. 1960.
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport – One of the premiere global gateways with; five terminals, nonstop flights to 122 destinations in the U.S. and nearly 70 international destinations. IAH has connections to 165 airports and 40 million passengers came through IAH in 2013.
- KB Homes Rivergrove – New development, groundbreaking and land clearing began July 2014.
- KB Homes Lakewood Pines Estates – Land clearing and pre-development began June 2014.
- Ravella at Kingwood Apartment Homes – Stanmore Partners broke ground on its first multifamily development in the 24-acre master-planned Village at Northpark.
- Northwoods – 700 acre development by Toll Brothers located just south of the future Grand Parkway expansion at US-59 South.
These are just some of the many development projects in the Lake Houston area. There are too many for us to list them all. Visit Lake Houston Economic Development’s website for more information.
This overview showcases how much we’ve grown and how we are continuing to expand.
If you are wanting to buy or sell a home or need more information on the economic development of the Humble, Atascocita, and Kingwood areas, contact The Doug Erdy Group today.