If you are looking for fun things to do over the Thanksgiving holiday, have family and friends from out of town to entertain, or just want out of the house for a few hours, then here are some activities and events to attend in the Houston area:
- Free Wortham Tree Lighting Ceremony – Wednesday, November 26 from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm at Wortham Theater Center’s Grand Foyer.
- Great Gobblers Thanksgiving Parade – Wednesday, November 26 beginning at 1:00 pm. Kids will design banners, vests, and pennants for the parade beforehand. Then visit with Santa from 2:00 – 4:00 pm. Located at 1500 Binz.
- City Hall Farmers Market – Wednesday, November 26 from 11:00 am – 1:30 pm. It’s a food-lovers delight at Urban Harvest’s City Hall Farmers Market. The market hosts more than 40 vendors with an array of locally grown fruits and vegetables as well as a variety of prepared lunch items made from local ingredients.
- 65th Annual H-E-B Thanksgiving Day Parade – Thursday, November 27, 2014.
- TXU Houston Turkey Trot – Thanksgiving morning, Dillards by the Galleria, 7:00 am. Second largest foot race in Houston.
- Uptown Holiday Lighting – This takes place Thanksgiving Day night. Join this spectacular Houston tradition for the 29th annual kick-off of the holiday season.
- Galveston Tree Lighting – This will take place at Hotel Galvez Friday at 6:00 pm. Galveston Ballet and other talent will perform at this free family event.
- Zoo Lights – TXU Energy Presents Zoo Lights every day from November 19 – January 4 (closed December 24 and 25) from 6:00 pm – 10:00 pm.
- The ICE at Discovery Green – Ice skating returns to Downtown Houston November 25, 2014 through February 8, 2015!
All of us at The Doug Erdy Group are very thankful for our wonderful clients, supportive partners, and the amazing community we serve.
We want to wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving! Be safe and enjoy your holiday!